Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grandchildren and Inspiration

Before continuing with the series of drawings from the recent Oregon Ballet performance, I chose to share a request from my 17 year old granddaughter.

She has asked me to paint her three paintings of large cats. At Christmas I have her a Panther. An unnerving thing to do for a teenager in that phase of brilliant one moment and out to lunch the next.

The posted painting of the request for a Tiger came down easily and with the confidence that I had already passed the "cool" test.


It's amazing to me how much influence grandchildren can have on an artist and wouldn't that be a great idea for a book?!?

Any comments on this topic are welcomed.

1 comment:

Annie Salness said...

Love the tiger! I don't have grandchildren yet, but my children are my biggest fans and I DO appreciate it!